Aggressive Legal Representation When The Stakes Are High
- Criminal Defense
- DUI/OWI Offenses
- Drug Crimes
- Personal Injury
Haley McCleary joined The Region Lawyers in 2022 upon her graduation from the University of Illinois Chicago School of Law. Miss McCleary focuses her practice primarily in criminal defense. She is dedicated to protecting the rights of her clients and serving as their voice in the courtroom.
While in law school, Miss McCleary served as a member of UIC’s Moot Court Executive Board, the UIC Law Review, and as a Teacher’s Assistant for her school’s legal writing program. She also competed in the Dean Fred F. Herzog Moot Court Competition where she finished as a semi-finalist. In Fall 2022, Miss McCleary’s law review article, Free Speech: Analyzing Indiana’s Revenge Porn Statute, was selected to be published by UIC Law Review.
Prior to joining The Region Lawyers, Miss McCleary externed in the Porter County Prosecutor’s Office where she aided in trial preparation, conducted bench trials, bond hearings, and extensive legal research. Miss McCleary has also spent time in Cook County’s Conviction Integrity Unit where she evaluated claims of wrongful convictions and police misconduct.
When not in the office, Miss McCleary enjoys spending time with her family, friends, and exploring the country with her dog.
- University of Illinois Chicago School of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. - 05/2022
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: Moot Court Executive Board
- Valparaiso University, Valparaiso, Indiana
- B.S. - 12/2018
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Porter County Prosecutor’s Office, Legal Intern, 2022
- Porter County Prosecutor’s Office, Legal Intern, 2021 to 2021
- Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office, Legal Intern, 2021 to 2021
- Porter County Prosecutor’s Office-North Complex, Legal Intern, 2018 to 2018
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Delta Phi